If you are a member, are you getting all you can from your membership? If you aren’t a member, what are you missing? There is so much to gain from membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals – something for everyone, at all levels of your career.
Whether or not you are a member, you can support AFP’s work by donating to the California Capital Chapter. Here’s how to contribute to the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy’s Every Member Campaign:
Your gift supports AFP locally and at the international level. Our chapter has a proud history of giving to the Every Member Campaign. Thank you for continuing this tradition.
Benefits of Membership include the following:
Information and research
Library services, publications, and research keep AFP members up to date on the latest information on fundraising practices.
- Our chapter email news outlining what’s happening here in the California Capital Region.
- AFP’s highly acclaimed bi-monthly magazine Advancing Philanthropy examines issues facing fundraisers and the philanthropic process. It includes enlightening interviews, how-to articles, current research, and information on public policy.
- The AFP Fundraising Resource Center staff are available to research and locate answers to your fundraising questions from over 3,200 reference works.
- AFP monitors legislative and regulatory issues that affect fundraising and philanthropy and keeps members informed through Legislative Updates and Action Alerts.
- AFP’s Career Profile examines member demographics, career trends, salaries, and experience. Find out about the members of your profession.
- AFP members have access to the national AFP Membership Directory online through the Member Gateway and to the regional member directory on our own website. This members-only benefit is an important networking and resource tool.
The AFP Career Planner
The members-only Career Planner is essentially three tools in one:
The Career Planner contains fundraising educational offerings, both online and classroom, searchable by location, key word, type of media, provider and learning objective.
Learning Objectives/Self Assessment:
AFP has created a comprehensive list of roles and responsibilities of fundraising professionals. The user can complete a self-assessment test to identify areas in which they need improvement. Once specific knowledge areas are identified, a member can use the software to identify one or more learning resources, including books, articles, audiovisual materials, courses and degree programs.
Users can create comprehensive plans for their future educational activities, with specific resource information. Also within the Personal Scheduler will be a Record of Accomplishment where users can record all completed educational activities. The software will store this information in chronological order by completion date and can be used for CFRE applications.
- For our local educational opportunities, our members always get a discount.
- Members receive discounts on books through the AFP Bookstore, one of the largest offerings of specialized books on fundraising, volunteerism, and philanthropy.
- AFP offers a variety of member discount and affinity programs, including overnight delivery discounts, rental car discounts, and more.
Now that you’ve seen all AFP has to offer, don’t wait another minute. Go to http://www.afpnet.org/ right now. As a member, go to the Member Gateway (using your ID# and last name as password). Or if you’re not a member, click on the Join AFP button on this page to become a member — just download the membership application. And you can always contact us with questions about membership at email@example.com. You can be a part of the world’s largest community of charitable fundraisers today.
For the many ways you can share in the mission of the AFP California Capital Chapter with other development volunteers, see details on the link below. Serving on an AFP chapter committee is yet another way to broaden your career path toward certification, serve with local seasoned development professionals and network.